Sunday 22 August 2010

Now This Red Cap Takes A Rap From His Critics.

I have nothing profound or emotionally engaging to write about.

The first blog for blogging sake I guess?

Well in a weeks time I will be at Reading Festival seeing two bands directly from my adolescence. Limp Bizkit and Blink-182 are without a doubt going to be the highlight of the weekend for me and I am grateful that I get to share it with two of my best friends.

Blink-182 became one of my favourite bands thanks to Mr Tom O'Dwyer. After being introduced to their amazing live album in year 10 of school we sang the whole thing pretty much everyday on the German Exchange trip. Getting told off by teachers for the less than radio-friendly lyrics will always be a memory I will share with Tom.

Limp Bizkit. Shaun O'Neill. Could two names ever go more hand in hand?
I don't quite know where the Limp Bizkit obsession started with me and Shaun. There were many times during Sixth Form where we would be driving around instead of being in free periods, or driving into school after nights out feeling worse than wear, when Limp Bizkit and the modern day poetry of Fred Durst acted as the soundtrack.

The refrain to Take A Look around could quite often be heard blasting from the windows of my car as me and Shaun came back into school after a lunch time jolly.

Screaming "NOW I KNOW WHY YOU WANA HATE ME!" with him in a weeks time, undoubtedly on the way to mass inebriation is going to be amazing. I am excited for Reading like a young child on Christmas Eve.

Thursday 26th: The adventure begins. O'dwyer, Peett and O'Neill hit Reading 2010.
Someone better pack the beer bong!

peace.x

No comments:

Post a Comment